GREEN SEPTEMBER

TREASON AND SEDITION PROUDLY SUPPORTED HERE

Friday, May 19, 2006

Move Along

_____________________________

Move Along


The All-American Rejects

Go ahead as you waste your days with thinking
When you fall everyone stands
Another day and you've had your fill of sinking
With the life held in your
Hands are shaking cold
These hands are meant to hold

Speak to me, when all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
Move along
Move along

So a day when you've lost yourself completely
Could be a night when your life ends
Such a heart that will lead you to deceiving
All the pain held in your
Hands are shaking cold
Your hands are mine to hold

Speak to me, when all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
Move along
(Go on, go on, go on, go on)

When everything is wrong, we move along
(Go on, go on, go on, go on)
When everything is wrong, we move along
Along, along, along

When all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through


(Go on, go on, go on, go on)
Right back what is wrong
We move along

8 Comments:

  • At 3:59 AM, Anonymous B said…

    It that was directed at me, please read my comment in the last thread.

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Again said…

    b
    It that was directed at me

    no, i don't think so - and thank you for your reply, b

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Barnita said…

    Shit - looks like I've missed something, I need to spend this weekend going thru old posts and comments. Whats up with B - I just skimmed through the past few posts and I smell dischord and disharmony perhaps - maybe rereading will help.

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Robert said…

    No, B. Not aimed at you.That song's catchy optimism insoires me when Ifeel blue.If you have heard it or you can find a place to download it, you will see what I mean. :)

    More later. On all sorts of fun topics.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Robert said…

    inspires. (sigh)

     
  • At 2:54 AM, Blogger Again said…

    inspires. (sigh)

    i know what you mean - i guess, the same is Queen's "Don't Try So Hard" to me

    "If you're searching out for something, don't try so hard
    If you're feeling kind of nothing, don't try so hard
    When your problems seem like mountains
    You feel the need to find some answers
    You can leave it for another day... don't try so hard

    But if you fall and take a tumble, it won't be far
    If you fail you mustn't grumble, thank your lucky stars
    Just savour every mouthful, and treasure every moment
    When the storms are raging round you, stay right where you are

    Oh don't try so hard
    Oh don't take it all to heart
    It's only fools they make these rules
    Don't try so hard

    One day you'll be a sergeant major, Oh you'll be so proud
    Screaming out your bloody orders, Hey, but not too loud
    Polish all your shiny buttons, Dress as lamb instead of mutton
    But you never had to try to stand out from the crowd

    Oh what a beautiful world, this is the life for me
    Oh what a beautiful world, it's the simple life for me

    Oh don't try so hard
    Oh don't take it all to heart
    It's only fools - they make these rules

    in memoriam Freddy Mercury

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Robert said…

    I was a young man when Freddie died. AIDS was still something unreal and had no ability to affect me, I was going to live forever. Rock Hudson was another generation's star, but I loved Queen. I was in a Wal-Mart, of all places, and people were scurrying everywhere and the air was festive with holiday cheer. Christmas carols were blaring over the PA system. Then "Thank God It's Christmas" came over the airwaves. I remember stopping and standing right there in the middle of the store. For the first time it occurred to me, Freddie was gone. He wouldn't be seeing this Christmas, and for the first time, AIDS was a real and concrete thing.
    In my opinion, Freddie Mercury was the greatest frontman in music history. There will never be another.

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Again said…

    robert:
    In my opinion, Freddie Mercury was the greatest frontman in music history. There will never be another.

    yes

    i did love their first songs, Killer Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody, In the Lap of the Gods...

    then the time came, when they sound more "commercial" - i did like it but i didn't love it. I'm not mainstream, as you know, and i didn't like the shows, all that glamorous hipp stuff, and i often asked myself how it could be. How it could be that i was so impressed by the music and so annoyed by the visible things - then i watched Queen at the making of "Flash Gordon" and i realized the difference

    then AIDS proved the true colors of Freddie Mercury - as you can see in Queen's last songs: Innuendo, I'm going slightly mad, Don't Try So Hard, Ride the Wild Wind, These Are the Days of Our Lives, The Show must go on, Made in Heaven

    in the end other things count than dollars

     

Post a Comment

<< Home